The International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (UAW) is one of the largest and most diverse unions in North America, with members in virtually every sector of the economy. The UAW is divided into eight (8) geographic Regions, and Local 3555 is part of Region 4, which covers the western United States.
The UAW has more than 400,000 active members and more than 600,000 retired members in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
There are more than 750 local unions in the UAW. The UAW currently has 2,500 contracts with some 1,700 employers in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
Since its founding in 1935, the UAW has consistently been on the forefront of setting standards in industries. UAW members have benefited from a number of collective bargaining breakthroughs, including:
- The first employer-paid health insurance plan for industrial workers
- The first cost-of-living allowances
- A pioneering role in product quality improvements
- Landmark job and income security provisions
- Comprehensive training and educational programs
- Contract language on 24-hour, smoke-free pits in gaming
For More Information, See the Helpful Links Below: